Post History

 
 
The VFW was organized to represent and give a voice to the Veterans of the armed forces. The Albertson VFW Post 5253 was established on December 29 1945, when the VFW organization granted the charter. It is the home post of veterans from World War Two, The Korean War, and The Vietnam War. The post always welcomes new members and veterans of all ages. Originally the post was located at the Albertson Fire House. The current location was constructed in 1950, and it continues to be the home of the post today. The post is maintained and run by its dedicated members. 


Post 5253 serves the communities of the Albertson Herricks area by organizing the Memorial Day Parade and Veterans Day services here.  Post 5253 has members that speak at schools and churches etc., regarding our services to our beloved country.  Post 5253 is available to assist area veterans who are in need as well as the widows and orphans thereof.  Post 5253 also memorializes deceased members by performing funeral ceremonies at post members' wakes, etc.  Post 5253 also recognizes Eagle Scouts with a certificate when a Boy Scout achieves that rank.  As a group, the post advocates for the recognition and support that veterans righteously deserve.  There are many other services that the Post has provided over the years, and continues to provide.